Current research clearly identifies three keystone study strategies, five additional effective study strategies, and three common strategies which should be avoided.
- Three keystone study strategies
- Practice Retrieving New Learning from Memory
- Space Out Retrieval Practice
- Interleave the Study of Different Problem Types
- Five additional effective strategies
- Strategies which should be avoided
- Massed practice
- Excessive rereading
- Excessive underlining
If you Study the diagram carefully, you will reach the conclusion that learning is the mitigation of forgetting. Such a simplification has a certain appeal and may help us remember certain facts about learning, but does not explain a very complex topic – LEARNING.